Humanity Forward (HF) is seeking a senior government affairs and policy person to join our leadership team and take us to the next level.
This person will guide government affairs and policy across a number of areas and campaigns (many of which are just at the idea phase) and help lead engagement with legislators and policymakers. We’re looking for someone who is seasoned, thinks creatively, and wants to build.
What You Will Do (this is just the tip of the iceberg!):
- Build and lead advocacy strategies and campaigns.
- Co-lead our lobbying efforts — which are radically pragmatic, bipartisan, and driven by a sense of mission, above all else.
- Co-lead our PAC and political engagements with Members, Governors, and elected officials on both sides of the aisle.
- Manage teams of consultants and internal staff.
- Work as part of HF’s leadership team to identify new advocacy campaign opportunities, build those campaigns, scale them, and run them — all with a laser focus on serving the interests of the American people.
- Think creatively and implement innovative advocacy strategies.
- Serve as one of HF’s key external surrogates and public-facing leaders.
- 8-15+ years of Hill, lobbying, government affairs, campaign, or combo
- Strong preference for experience as a manager of people or of campaigns – Chief, LD, Committee Staff, Campaign manager, and or/ multi-client lobbyist.
- Superb communication abilities (public speaking, negotiating with Members, staff, etc).
- Soft Skills – Unmatched ability to read a room, a person, situation, and to use soft skills to build relationships across a range of stakeholders.
Other Experiences / Requirements:
- Being completely mission-driven, at all costs. This helps keep us grounded, focused, and ruthless.
- Humility. We take our mission and goals seriously, not ourselves. We are at our best when we are helping each other to succeed.
- Performance-oriented. Especially with a new role or campaign, we like teammates who are focused on building something durable, and that isn’t afraid to course correct, improve, and help others become the best versions of themselves along the way.
This position offers very competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. Benefits include full health, dental and vision insurance, and flexible PTO. Applicants must be based in Washington DC. Diverse applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Diversity is our biggest asset and is necessary for organizational strength. It is a fundamental policy of Humanity Forward to provide equal opportunity for employment to all applicants, without regard to race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, ethnic identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, economic status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.