About Humanity Forward
BRIDGING PARTISAN DIVIDES TO BRING FAMILIES DIRECT RELIEF
Humanity Forward is a nonprofit organization pushing for solutions to the biggest problems of the 21st century. We bridge partisan divides to bring Americans direct relief in economic crises while working towards an information age economy that leaves no one behind with policies like the child tax credit, automatic stabilizers and direct cash relief.
- Executive Director: Liam deClive-Lowe; Managing Director: Ceci Hall; Senior Director, Head of Government Affairs: Paolo Mastrangelo
- Political Director: Greg Nasif; Director of Government Affairs: David Coffield; Finance Director: Justin Willliams; Digital Communications Director: Connor Murphy; Development & Grants Manager: Martina Hrvolova; Organizing Director: Amanda Robertson; Operations Director: Wesley Leung; Community Programs Director: Tom Krumins,
- Board Members: Celinda Lake, Laura Whitaker and Jessica Wooley
What We Do
- Conduct large-scale bipartisan advocacy efforts to scale political divides and make progress on human-centered policies
- Collaborate with members of Congress and partner organizations to make direct cash policies a central focus of legislative action.
- Work with constituents and in-district organizations to connect with representatives over policies that reduce poverty and put money into the hands of American citizens.
Humanity Forward (HF) started in the spring of 2020 to continue the momentum of direct cash relief policies. Within a few weeks of its launch, HF met the challenge of a nation immersed in a global pandemic.
Our focus centered on the immediate needs of families and small businesses experiencing financial distress. Thousands of Americans were matched with donors to provide direct cash support, in the form of micro grants and small monthly payments.
We were able to apply the best practices of basic income and see the effects of an instant financial stabilizer, but this was just the beginning.
It was clear there was a need for a ‘people’s lobby’ on Capitol Hill to advocate for the economic needs of American families. Humanity Forward rose to the challenge, by bringing together a talented team from different backgrounds and investing in a top-notch bipartisan advocacy operation.
Humanity Forward has worked with members of Congress and partner organizations to achieve the following, with support from our donors and volunteers:
- $166 Billion in the December 2020 federal budget in the form of $600 stimulus checks for American citizens.
- $422 Billion in the American Rescue Plan (March 2021) in the form of $1400 stimulus checks for American citizens.
- Monthly payments of $250-300 to the families of 98% of American children as part of the American Rescue Plan’s expanded child tax credit (March 2021).